It seems that you have stumbled upon yet another Harry Potter based RPG. This one, however, is a little bit of a different genre.
It's the year 1998, the September after Harry has graduated from Hogwarts School of Witchcraft & Wizardry. There has been rumour of a mysterious presence, possibly a new threat, whispered on the fall winds. Harry's dreams are haunted by this - and the group feels the wonderful peace since Voldemort's final fall will not last long.
In a meager attempt to keep unity between the current and former students of Hogwarts, Muggle journals are used to keep in contact and to keep a close watch. But how far will this peace last?
I'm currently working all the events that happened for the rest of Harry's time at Hogwarts, and I will be sending it to all members upon request. If you would like to know, email me.
Okay, onto the nitty gritty stuff. Don't worry - this shouldn't be too painful.
Rules 1. For starters, we would like to keep this RP to dedicated players. We have seen RPs go downhill due to players lacking in their posting duties - and we would like to keep this going as long as possible.
2. We prefer that our players are mature, considering there may be some mild adult themes. Such as violence, sexual situations, etc. There may or may not be slash or femme-slash. Be forewarned.
3. Please, no God-moding. Playable characters are *not* all powerful - and should not be played as such. If there is something a little out of this context (and not to out-there) that you would like to do, please talk to one of the Mods.
4. Character conflict is allowed, though PC killing should be planned out with the players AND the Mods before attempted. Also, if there is to be a significant plot between characters, do plan it out OOC with all the players involved. If you would like something to happen to your character specifically - contact one of the Mods and we'll see what we can do.
5. Just to make sure that you have at least skimmed the rules - when you come to the 'question' "Spider in the bed", please answer with "Ickle-Ronnikins"
6. Everyone can start off with 2 characters, and I may extend the number when I begin to allow original characters. But for now - stick to 2.
7. Most of all, have fun. Stay with the plot, but don't feel that you're entirely bound to it. Recognize significant events - but your characters do have lives (or at least we hope so) - so have fun!
We will, at one point, be accepting original characters - but only after we get the more major canon characters filled.
*** For reference, here's a list of playable Characters in the OotP so far (* means taken):
OotP *Nymphadora Tonks Alastor "Mad Eye" Moody *Remus Lupin Hestia Jones Mundungus Fletcher Molly Weasley Arthur Weasley Arabella Figg Kingsley Shacklebolt Charlie Weasley Sturgis Podmore Bill Weasley Emmeline Vance Dedalus Diggle Severus Snape *Albus Dumbledore Minerva McGonagall
Ministry of Magic Delores Umbridge Amelia Bones Cornelius Fudge Amos Diggory Arnold Peasgood Mafalda Hopkirk
Death Eaters *Bellatrix Lestrange Rudolphus Lestrange Rabastan Lestrange *Lucius Malfoy Antonin Dolahov Augustus Rookwood ___ Avery Walden Macnair Peter Pettigrew ___Crabbe ___Goyle Narcissa Malfoy ___Montague ___Mulciber ___Jugson
Students *Luna Lovegood (Ravenclaw) Marietta Edgecombe (Ravenclaw) Zacharius Smith (Hufflepuff) Rose Zeller (Hufflepuff) Theodore Nott (Slytherin) *Daphne Greengrass (Slytherin) Evan Abercrombie (Gryffindor) Patricia Stimpson (Gryffindor) Kenneth Towler (Gryffindor) Vicky Frobisher (Gryffindor) Geoffrey Hooper (Gryffindor) Andrew Kirke (Gryffindor) Jack Sloper (Gryffindor)
Other Miles Bletchley
*** Desperately Seeking: Ron Weasley Severus Snape
Character Application Personal Name: Email: AOL/AIM: Age: Time Zone: Online Availability: RP Experience: Spider in the Bed:
Canon Character Name: Age: Profession: (if student - just list as such) Affiliation: (were they neutral, a death eater, or pro-dumbledore?) Biography: Physical Description: Anything Else:
Sample Journal Entry: (We'd like to have an insight to the workings of your character, so simply write this out as you would if you were posting as that character.)
Sample RP Experience: (Here you will provide is with a sample of your writing, in paragraph form. Almost like a story. If you're playing a teacher or student, please describe your character in the Great Hall. If you play a graduate, describe a typical morning at work. DO NOT leave this blank - this is what makes or breaks your application).
Okay, please make sure that all parts of your application are filled before you send it to the Mod. Oh, and by the way, detailed descriptions will get you far ;)
Kira: firstname.lastname@example.org *Please make the subject of the email SC Application. Make sure you have the character info & personal info (including the 2 samples).